Friday, January 27, 2012

Lubuntu on the P3 1.7 GHz 80 GB HDD 512 MB Ram machine

Well, Vicki gave me an old computer.  It's a P3 1.7 GHz machine
with 512 MBs of Ram and 80 GB of hard drive.  I put Lubuntu
on it.  It seems to work just fine.  Now if i could only think of
something to do with it.  It plays YouTube just fine.  If i had an
extra set of speakers i would hook em up to it.  Lubuntu has a lot
of stuff going on.  There's some DVD/CD authoring software.
Libre Office and some KDE stuff.

Picked up Pesto and held her for a while tonight.  I had to buy cat
food at the deli, cuzI forgot to pick it up at the grocery store.

Got 2 loads of laundry done today, and checked the car for oil.
I was surprised to find the car all set for oil.  It wasn't even low.
The laundry was a piece of pie.

I have some chicken quarters to cook.  I'm all out of BBQ sauce.
maybe i'll roast the chicken in the oven.

Tonight i ate 1 whole can of frozen orange juice concentrate, i just
spooned the stuff down like it was ice cream.  Very tasty, a little
too much sugar though.  Definitely not good for my diabetes.

I think tomorrow that Vicki and I will go for a walk.

I'm thinking about my Lubuntu machine, If only i could figure
out something to do with it.  Like i said it has some pretty strong
DVD/CD authoring tools.  Plus Libre Office.

Maybe i'll look online for a spreadsheet tutorial.  I like
spreadsheets they make sense.

c-ya l8r

-marcus

P.S.   Danny's cat, Nancy has died so if you have kittens or know
of any, contact me.  I'll tell him.

No comments:

Post a Comment