Thursday, March 20, 2014

Remembering to journal.

Writing a journal is an interesting concept. It provides a
relief and can be a concrete way of  'getting it all down'
on paper.  Yes there's stuff that you don't talk about in a
public journal like this one.  Hey, there's stuff I don't
talk about anywhere.  That's why the release from blogging
is so rewarding. Here I go again without a topic. 

What are useful topics for me to discuss, food, my pets,
the vehicle, my bicycle.

I cooked a 9 pound pork shoulder last night in the oven
from 7:45 pm till 1:45 am. At 275 degrees. I used Honey
Mustard BBQ sauce on it and added some Sriracha to that
for a bit of bite. Sriracha is an Indian condiment, it's a
medley of garlic and red chilis. The only problem with this
is I tend to eat my way around the roast. Just eating up the
sweet parts and leaving the bland stuff for later. I also noted
that it's much better heated.  Right now I'm having a bowl of
instant mashed potatoes with salt and hand cracked pepper,
but I'm all out of butter so it's not perfect. I think in a few
minutes I'm going to have a fried egg sandwich. That'll
be very tasty, I have American cheese and mayo.

Birdy bird my Cockatiel died the day after they cooked the
apartment.  I took him out in his cage but i guess i brought
him back too soon.  Yeah the place was like a sauna and
I still didn't think he would be so sensitive.  I feel pretty
bad about losing him. He had been a boon companion.
For the better part of 10 years.  Pesto is a good girl too.
She doesn't beg much and just eats about anything I give
her so long as it's 'cat food'.  I tried giving her canned
food for a while, and gourmet cat food at that, to the tune
of $ 1.00 a day.  I'm sorry that was just too rich for my
blood, I went back to good old Purina kibble.  She's okay.
She doesn't howl like the old kitty did, I just thought that
the old kitty was in heat when she howled like that.

My Bike needs the rack put on the back.  I lost the screws.
That's a shame, cause the rack is useful. I'll look around
tomorrow and see if i can find the screws. I put them in an
Altoids tin box. I have the nicest seat on the bike.  It's a
gel padded jobber and it's very comfortable.  I just have
to carry an extra chain so that the seat doesn't get ripped.
It has a quick release on the seat post and can be removed
quite easily.  Maybe next Saturday I'll get the work done
on the bicycle.

Well, off the top of my head that's all i can come up with
tonight, so I'll sign off now.  Good night!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment