Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Avenue

Today, Vicki and I went out to do some errands. First stop Carl's Jr.
so i could get some lunch. Then Micheals (art supply megastore),
Friedmans another megastore, hardware this time and Trader Joes.
Finally we ended up at Safeway north of town on Mendocino.
Traffic was kinda heavy we fell into a groove, hit a few yellow lights,
stopped for a few, blew thru a few more.

Vicki got a clear 18" ruler to help her with perspective in her art.
I had the Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger. Then at Safeway,
I picked up 2 loafs of wheat bread, some mayo, some virginia baked
ham, some milk and a few other things.

The Buick is still doing okay.  I think it's looking forward to a tuneup.
Any tampering with the timing might affect the smog inspection.  So,
if Dave brings out the timing light i'll discuss it with him and let him
know of my concerns.  I'll be flexible.

The tuneup kit consists of wires, plugs, fuel filter, rotor, cap, and pcv
valve and i think that's it.  I think it'll set me back $ 70.00 for the
parts. I might be able to get a discount from Dave's friend at the
parts house.  So, i'll check into that definitely.

Oh, I missed NBLUG this month, it was good too!  Kyle was giving
a talk on Ethernet Bonding.  This is good failover/redundancy in case
you have a net failure and it's physical, and it's local.  Basically from
my understanding it's 2 NICs per client.  There may be a lot more
to it than that.  I really shouldn't have missed it.

As far as the blog it's coming along, who wants to read all this
personal stuff?  It's a relaxing thing for me to do, to sit down and
jot a few lines about the last week, or the last day, or in this case
the last month :/


-marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment