Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving bonanza

Ah, yes, the post turkey glow is upon me.  Had dark meat turkey with
cornbread stuffing, and cranberry sauce that's it, except for desert.
For desert 2 brownies and a slice of apple pie.

There was an excellent prayer, prayed by the leader of the church I
think.

The quantity of food was outrageous.  There may have been over
100 people present.  The cook insisted that we take 2 boxes of food
each when we left. I got a wing and a bunch of dark meat, didn't get
any stuffing or any mashed potatoes to take home.  That's right all
i ate was turkey stuffing and cranberry sauce, and of course the desert.
For some reason my gut told me to stay away from the gravy.  I don't
know it was probably fine, but the cornbread stuffing was delightful
all by its self.  I think i ate pretty rationally today.

No comments:

Post a Comment